Kim, Dae Cheol Professor
Suh, Chang Jin Professor
Lee, Chang Won Professor
Sungyong Choi Professor
- My Profile
Dr. CHOI, Sung Yong, currently an associate professor at Hanyang University Business School, received a Bachelor of Science in management science from KAIST, a Master of Science in statistics from Michigan State University, and a Ph.D. in management from Rutgers Business School, Rutgers University.
He was later appointed as an adjunct instructor at Rutgers Business School, as a postdoctoral research fellow at Nanyang Technological University, and then as an assistant and associate professor of business administration at Yonsei University (Mirae Campus).
He has published more than 30 papers in premier international and domestic journals such as Operations Research, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Operations Research Letters, Korean Management Science Review, Journal of the Korean Production and Operations Management Society, Journal of the Korean Society of Supply Chain Management and so on.
He is the editor-in-chief at KSPM (Korea Society of Project Management) and auditor at KPA (Korea Productivity Association). He served as the chair of academic affairs at KPA and KAABA (Korea Academic Association of Business Administration). He is also an editorial board member at KORMS (Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society), KOPOMS (Korean Production and Operations Management Society), KLS (Korean Logistics Society), and TKES (The Korean Entrepreneurship Society). He is the secretary of INFORMS (Institute For Operations Research and Management Science) Korean Chapter. In addition, he served as an ad hoc reviewer for a number of international premier journals such as Operations Research and as a session chair for a number of international premier conferences such as INFORMS annual meeting.
For academic honors and awards, he received an outstanding reviewer award in both 2017 and 2018 from European Journal of Operational Research. He was also a winner of the 2018-2019 best reviewer award for Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society at KORMS, the best paper award at the 2019 fall bi-annual conferenve of KAABA and 2016 spring bi-annual conference of KLS and a runner-up winner of the best paper award at the 2016 spring bi-annual conferenve of KRABE (Korean Research Association for Business Education). In addition, he was a runner-up winner at the Elwood S. Buffa dissertation competition in the 2010 Decision Science Institute annual conference and also a finalist for the 2010 Committee on Stochastic Programming student paper competition.
(1) 2009, Rutgers Business School, Supply Chain Management, Ph.D. in Management
(2) 2004, Michigan State University, Statistics, Master of Science
(3) 1994, KAIST, Management Science, Bachelor of Science
(1) 2019-Current, Hanyang University Business School, Associate Professor
(2) 2012-2019, Yonsei University (Mirae Campus), Division of Business Administration, Assistant and Associate Professor
(3) 2010-2012, Nanyang Technological University, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
(4) 2009-2010, Rutgers Business School, Adjunct Instructor
(1) Research Areas: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Modeling and Applications under Risk, Service Operations and Quality Management, Inventory Management, Analytics and Data-Driven Optimization, Operations-Finence/Marketing Interfaces et al.
(2) Subject Industries: Sustainable and Socially Responsible Operations, Energy, Healthcare, Humanitarian and Environmental Issues in Operations et al.
(3) Education Methods: ILSC (Instructor-Led, Students-Centered) Learning, PBL (Problem-Based Learning and Project-Based Learning), Flipped PBL in Operations Management and Quantitative Business Analysis, MOOC (Massive Online Open Courses) et al.
- Selected International Publications
(1) Supply Chain Investment and Contracting for Carbon emissins Reduction: A Social Planner's Perspective. 2021, International Journal of Production Economics, 23, 107873, Forthcoming.
(2) A Newsvendor Analysis of Binomial Yield Production Process. 2019, European Journal of Operational Research, 273, 983-991.
(3) A Multi-Product Risk-Averse Newsvendor with Law-Invariant Coherent Measures of Risk. 2011, Operations Research, 59 (2), 346-364.
(4) A Multi-Product Risk-Averse Newsvendor with Exponential Utility Function. 2011, European Journal of Operational Research, 214, 78-84.
(5) A Risk-Averse Newsvendor with Law-Invariant Coherent Measures of Risk. 2008, Operations Research Letters, 36(1), 77-82.
- Honors and Awards
(1) A Winner at the Researcher of the Month (Category: Humanities, Social Science, Arts, acd Sports), Hanyang University Industry-University Cooperation Foundation, Feb. 2021
(2) Best Reviewer Award (2018-2019), Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, KORMS (Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society), Oct. 2020
(3) Winner at the Best Paper Award, 2019 Fall KAABA Conference, KAABA (Korean Academic Association of Business Administration), Dec. 2019
(4) Outstanding Reviewer Award, European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, June 2018
(5) Outstanding Reviewer Award, European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, July 2017
(6) Runner-Up Winner at the Best Paper Award, 2016 Spring KRABE Conference, KRABE (Korean Research Association for Business Education), June 2016
(7) Winner at the Best Paper Award, 2016 Spring KLA Conference, KLA (Korean Logistics Association), May 2016
(8) Runner-Up Winner at the Elwood S. Buffa Dissertation Competition, DSI (Decision Science Institute), Nov. 2010: an extended abstract was published at Decision Sciences Journal, 41(4), 983-1000
(9) Finalist for the COSP (Committee on Stochastic Programming) Student Paper Competition, Aug. 2010
(10) Best Training Instructor for training seamen, 1st Fleet, South Korean Navy, 2001
- Professional Service
(1) Editor-in-Chief: KSPM, 2020-Present
(2) Auditor: KPA, 2020-Present
(3) Chair of Academic Affairs: KPA and KAABA (Division: Operations/MIS), 2019
(4) Secretary: INFORMS (Institute For Operations Research and Management Science Korean Chapter, 2017-Present
(5) Editorial Board Member: KORMS, KOPOMS, KLS, TKES, 2017-Present
(6) (Senior) Board Member: KSPM, KORMS, KOPOMS, KPA, KLS, TKES, KRABE, KABE (Korean Association of Business Education), KSCM (Korean Society of Supply Chain Management), KASBS (Korean Association of Small Business Studies), ASGBA (Academic Society of Global Business Administration)
(7) Ad hoc Reviewer for a number of international premier journals: Operations Research et al., 2006-Present
(8) Session Chair for a number of international premier conferences: INFORMS Annual Meeting et al., 2010-Present
- Personal Homepage : http://sites.google.com/view/choisungyong/
Han, Hyun Soo Professor
B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University (1982)
M.S. in Management Science, KAIST(Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (1984)
Ph. D. in Management, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Major in Management Science and Information Systems (1994)
Professor at Hanyang University Business School, College of Information and Communications (2001- )
Dean at Hanyang University Library (2018-2020)
Associate Dean at Hanyang University MBA (2014-2017)
Associate Dean at Hanyang University Professional Business Education (2011-2012)
Director of POSDATA(현 POSCO ICT) Consulting Division (1994-2000)
3. Academic Society Activities
President of Korean Society of Supply Chain Management (2022- )
President of Korean Society of Operations Research and Management Science (2021)
Editor-in-Chief for Korea Management Science Review (2014-2017)
Vice President of Korea Management Information Systems Society (2016-2017)
President of Korea Information Technology Applications Society (2013-2014)
Editor-in-Chief for Journal of Information Technology Applications and Management (2010-2012)
Editor-in-Chief for Information Systems Review (2008-2009)
4. Research Paper Journal Publications
Decision Support Systems, Annals of Operations Research, Information & Management, International Journal of Technology Management, International Journal of Satellite Communications and Networking, International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of innovation & Technology Management, Handbook of Research on Telecommunication Planning and Management, Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization, Research and Practice in Human Resource Management, ETRI Journal, and other Korean Domestic Journals. https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=fCDAevQAAAAJ&hl=ko&oi=ao
5. Industry-Connected Activities
Overseas sales expansion policy trend advisory for Small and Medium Enterprise (2021)
Research on Mobile convergence IoT evolution process and creative new product development methodology (KRF, 2017–2020)
Small and Medium Enterprises Informatization and Smart IT deployment policy research (TIPA, 2013-2015)
Digital Convergence policy and applications research (KISDI, ETRI, 2008-2012)
Non-Executive Director of Korea Institute of Patent Information (2011-2014)
Award for Korea IT Service Industry Contribution (2012)
Minister’s Award for recognition of contributing ubiquitous society cultivation (2010)
Advisory committee chair for Public Institutions IT budget allocation and performance evaluation (Ministry of Strategy and Finance, 2008–2009)
Standing Advisory for SK C&C consulting division (2007)
E-commerce platform strategy research for a Korea general commerce firm (2005-2006)